Join the Illinois Policy Institute for an exclusive advance screening of this new documentary that exposes how the CTU has seized power over Chicago Public Schools to the detriment of kids, parents and the community.
Proudly radical, explicitly political and confrontational to its core, the CTU has revolutionized the American labor movement. But as the union tightens its grip on Illinois and exports its influence nationwide, "Local 1" reveals the true cost for students, parents and teachers – and provides hope for a brighter future.
Here’s where it’s screening near you:
- Landmark Century Centre Cinema (2 screenings): 2828 N Clark St., Chicago – Tuesday January 31 and Wednesday, February 1
- Davis Theater: 4614 N Lincoln Ave., Chicago – Tuesday, February 7
- The Lyric Theater, 12952 Western Ave., Blue Island – Wednesday, February 8
And here’s what you need to know about the screenings:
- Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the links above.
- There is a limit of two tickets per transaction due to the limited number of available seats.
- Concession stands will be open for refreshments and snacks for purchase, and staff will be there to answer your questions.
- Each screening will start at 6 p.m. – there will be no trailers, so please show up on time! The film is just under 1 hour long.
Feel free to invite your friends so we can spread the word about this informative documentary.
Together, we’ll learn the truth about the CTU and educate the public about its impact on not only our city and state, but our country.
We look forward to seeing you there.